Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Wholemeal Oat Bread
This is one of my favorite bread recipe adapted & tweaked from
2 tsp Molasses/Honey
380g Cold Water
To make bread
1) Mix together all ingredients except butter into a dough. Then add the butter and knead till smooth & elastic.
2) Cover with cling film and set aside to proof for 50 minutes or until it doubles in size.
3) Divide the dough into 6 portions and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
4) Flatten the dough and then roll up like swiss roll. Place 3 portions of the shaped dough into each greased loaf tins (24x13.5x7cm). Leave to proof for 50 minutes or until doubled in size covered with damp towel.
5) Bake preheated oven at 200 ° C for 35 minutes or until cooked.
To make Overnight Sponge Dough
100g bread flour
60g water (room temperature)
1/4 tsp instant yeast
Mix the instant yeast with water in a bowl. Then combine the flour with the yeast/water mixture. Allow to proof for 30 minutes. Then cover with cling film and keep in the refrigerator overnight or up to 48 hours.