Monday, October 25, 2010

Mini Crustless Quiche


Looks like a frittata, but wait... it's quiche without crust!

I've been wanting to make quiche for sometime already but the thought of making the crust put me off. It's not because I don't like eating the crust, I love it especially if it's buttery, it's just that I'm too lazy to put in the  effort in making it. Also my Hubby doesn't eat the crust anyway as he is on a strict 'no-carb' diet and my Daughter really doesn't need the extra calories as she herself has stored enough!

This crustless quiche recipe is perfect for a lazy cook like me, but I can't say the same for weight watchers like my Hubby! This recipe may  seem low-fat due to the omission of crust but mind you, it has cream as part of it's ingredient list (shhhh .... don't tell my Hubby!) which yields delightful rich morsels. My Hubby was still talking about it the next morning .... if only he knew, hehehe.  I suppose u can replace the cream with milk if u prefer a lower fat version.

Mini Crustless Quiche

Ingredients:
(I made 12 pieces  mini quiche using 12-hole mini muffin pan  and 6 pieces using  6-hole regular size muffin pan.)
6 fl oz or 180 ml milk
6 fl oz or 180 ml pouring cream
3 large eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt 
cracked black pepper
dried parsley

Filling:
(Use whatever you like. It's all up to your imagination!)
1 cup grated Cheddar Cheese
Leek, sliced finely
Onion, diced
Sausages, diced

Method:
1) Whisk milk, cream, eggs, flour, salt and black pepper in a jug until blended. Set aside.
2) Grease and lightly flour each muffin pans. Divide filling among muffin holes and pour the milk mixture onto
filling almost to rim. Sprinkle dried parsley on top and more cracked black pepper if desired.
3) Bake for 25 minutes or until knife inserted near centers comes out clean and tops are lightly browned. Cool in pans for 15 minutes. Run knife around edges and carefully remove quiches.

NOTE:
The number of quiches that you get will depend on the size of your muffin cups and baking time may need some adjusting.



Cute, eh?



Mini size perfect for kids and parties.

Let's eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...