|Can't resist a bite!|
I have always wanted to try out this chocolate cake recipe among many many others that I have saved and printed and kept in a file folder. There are just too many recipes and I just never got around to try because I didn't have the time or I forgot or I didn't have the required ingredients or I'm just too lazy.
This chocolate cake recipe was first discovered here. It is fuss free and simple to make, no special skills or techniques are needed for a successful result. This is a good recipe to try out for novice bakers. All you have to do is just mix everything in one bowl. No beating, complicated folding or separating egg whites. It's just so easy!
And the resulting cake, not too sweet and moist moist moist!
Chocolate Cake Recipe by Chef Tallyrand
300 gm castor sugar 175 gm cake flour (hi-ratio) 50 gm cocoa powder 5 gm or 1 tsp baking powder 5 gm or 1 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp salt 2 small eggs 100 ml olive oil 2 tsp vanilla essence 165 ml milk 165 ml boiling water
How to make:
- Mix the dry ingredients together and sieve three times.
- Combine all wet ingredients exept boiling water.
- Pour the wet mixture onto the dry mixture and combine together thoroughly using a balloon whisk
- Add in the boiling water and combine well.
- Pour into a prepared 22 cm round cake tin.
- Bake at 160°C for about 75 to 90 minutes until done.
Note: I used canola cooking oil for the olive oil and I divided and baked the batter in mini muffin pans instead of 22 cm round cake tin.