This 'Soft Yoghurt Buns' recipe is taken from the same blog here. I was won over by Zurin's ravings and other readers' glowing comments on how cottony soft the resulting buns were. I just had to try it.
|Divided & shaped into balls.|
|All puffed up proudly.|
|Glazed and ready to be baked.|
|Baking....... 20 minutes......|
|All gloriously golden fresh out of the oven.|
|Soft, soft, soft!|
Soft Yoghurt Buns Recipe:
(makes 12 buns) (note: I divided the dough to make 16 buns)
500 g bread flour
30 g sugar
6 g or 1 tsp salt
6 g or 1 1/2 tsp instant yeast
200 gm plain yoghurt
120 gm milk
60 g butter
1) Mix all dry ingredients in one large mixing bowl.
2) Heat up the milk and butter in a microwave until butter is melted. Remove and stir well. Pour into the dry mixture together with yoghurt and lightly beaten egg.
3) Stir the mixture with a spoon until a rough dough forms. Now use a stand mixer to knead dough on medium low speed until the dough is very smooth and elastic.
4) Place the kneaded dough inside a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a damp tea towel or cling film and let rest for an hour or until the dough doubles in bulk.
5) After the dough has risen take it out from the bowl and place on a lightly floured surface. Punch down the dough to rid it of air and knead it a little while for a couple of minutes and then divide into 12 pieces (I dicived into 16 pieces instead). Shape each piece into a smooth ball and place in a greased pan slightly apart. Leave to rise until it doubles in bulk again. Brush the tops with egg wash (a beaten egg mix with a little milk) and bake in a 170 degree C oven for 20 minutes.
|Yup I'm swooned by this recipe. Definitely a keeper!|