Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sweet Black Vinegar Pork Ribs



Usually pork leg or pork belly is used for this gingery and vinegary sweet dish. As no one in my family eats the fatty layers and the gelatinous skin, I used pork ribs instead.  


I remember the first time I had this dish was when I was a college student  in KL. Staying in KL  and away from my family introduced many new dishes to me including this dish. Growing up, my mom never ever cooked this even till this day, and we rarely eat out then and even if we did, we never ordered this. During my college days, I  would always go for economy rice as it's the cheapest food available accomodating to a student's budget. This dish would always be among the many choices in the spread and I would usually pick this to go with my white rice.      

Here's my own take on this dish. The vinegar I use is very sweet already on its own and there's no need to add any sugar. A little white vinegar may be added if a more sourish taste is preferred.


Sweet Black Vinegar Pork Ribs
Ingredients:
1 kg Pork Ribs
whole Ginger
1 cup Sweet Black Vinegar
1 tbs Kicap Manis
2 tbs Light Soy Sauce
1 cup water

Method:
Heat cooking oil. Saute ginger till fragrant. Add pork and stir fry till lightly browned. Add Soya sauce. Coat pork and stir fry till fragrant. Add kicap manis. Pour in 1 cup water and the sweet black vinegar. Mix well and bring to boil. Cover with lid, lower heat and braise for 15-20 minutes  or till pork is tender. Done!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...