Tea lovers are not left out too! Here's a simple Green Tea Jelly recipe for a refreshing and antioxidant loaded treat.
Green Tea Jelly
(Recipe adapted from here.)
Ingredient:1 Tbsp Green Tea powder (Matcha)
1 1/2 Tbsp Sugar
500 ml Water
10 gram Gelatin powder (about 1 heaped tablespoon)
Whipped cream for topping (I used pouring cream)
Note: 1 1/2 Tbs sugar was definitely not sweet enough for me eventhough I don't like very sweet stuff. I suggest increasing the sugar to 4 Tbs (or to your taste) or use sweetened cream for the topping. The next time I'm making this again, I will add some lemon juice to give it a fresh lemony tang flavor.
1. Put green tea powder, sugar and 10ml of hot water in a cup and mix well with a spoon.
2. Put gelatin powder in a bowl and add 100ml of water and mix well.
3. Boil 400ml of water. Then mix well with the gelatin mixture. Add in the green tea mixture, combine.
6. Pour into serving cups and let cool for a while.
7. Chill in the refrigerator until well set.
8. Top the set jelly with some whipped cream and sprinkle on green tea before serving.