Tuesday, August 30, 2011

7 Links Challenge

I was tagged and  invited by Lena of Frozen Wings to play a game called the 7 Links Challenge.  The challenge is to publish a list of 7 links to previous posts that I have written that respond to the following 7 categories:
1) The most beautiful post
2) The most popular post
3) The most controversial post
4) The most helpful post
5) A post that was surprisingly successful
6) A post that did not get the attention it deserves
7) A post I am most proud of

Thank you Lena for the invitation. It was fun looking back at my old posts and see how far I've progressed thus far from my baking/cooking to my photo taking skills - man, I want a dslr camera! 

Now, I'd like to extend this challenge to all bloggers who are interested to play this game. Are you up for it?

Here are my 7 links.  

1) The most beautiful post - Swiss Carrot Cake
The pink color scheme, the little sugar flowers, the simply iced cake. I just love the sight. So pretty.





2) The most popular postThe almost perfect sponge cake
Based on pageviews, this post has received the most views to date.





3) The most controversial post - NIL
None so far. Anyone wanna debate with me? LOL



4) The most helpful post - Cocodrillo Ciabatta
The embedded video was very helpful to me when I made the ciabatta. From the video, I got to see how the consistency of the very wet bread dough should look like and learned how to handle the dough. Hence, I think it would be useful to others who is interested to try the recipe. 





5) A post that was surprisingly successful - Swiss Roll with Stawberry Jam
Now, this is successful because when I posted this entry I didn't expect this plain swiss roll would garner any attention at all let alone praises. It was a surprise indeed. A very pleasant one :).





6) A post that did not get the attention it deserves - Nigella's Molten Chocolate Baybycakes
This didn't get as many attention as I thought it would.  Just look at that silky dark molten chocolate!   I expected oohs and aahhs, lip smacking sounds and drools dribbling.





7) A post I am most proud of - Mango Mousse Cake
This is the first mousse cake I've ever made and it has made me a convert. In the past, I was not a fan of  mousse cakes. I thought they had a weird texture, tasted waxy and just plain awful. I didn't realize then those mousse cakes from bakeries used non-dairy cream until I made this cake (I used full fat dairy whipping cream). It was so delicious. What a revelation!  Since then I've experimented and made many mousse cakes (which I've yet to post in my blog).

5 comments:

  1. the Cocodrillo Ciabatta looks very wicked! stuff some lettuce, cheese, parma ham and tomotoes and that's gonna be one helluva sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for doing yours! yeah, sometimes i also wish that i have a dslr but then i think i might not really know how to make full use of that, might be complicated to me for use and also costly!oh, i always remember your ciabatta post, that's the first post i read upon coming to your blog and yes, that's video was helpful, i actually bookmarked that but didnt manage to watch the whole video somehow due to uploading i think, i will refer back to the video when i'm making those and your molten choc cake..ooh.. is simply killing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting challenge!

    The Mango Mousse cake looks neat and perfect! The Swiss Carrot Cake looks so pretty and I'm going to try your Sponge cake (I've bookmarked it) and on my To-Do List is Molten Choc Babycakes.

    I'm glad I found your site, I've been a frequent visitor in the last 2 months.

    Happy Weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alan & Lena, Cathy (Cathy's Joy) made the ciabatta too and hers look superb! Can't wait to see how yours turn out!

    Hi Rita! I'm a follower of your blog too :) I tried your chilled lemon cheesecake recipe and it turned out really well. Will post it up in my blog one of these days.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...